Review: The Bookish Life of Nina Hill

The Bookish Life of Nina HillThe Bookish Life of Nina Hill by Abbi Waxman
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Delightful. Light. Frothy.

I could relate to Nina Hill's love of books, for I was like that before my brain injury. A book's best friend, that was me. The plot was enjoyable. The characters fun. But one thing I didn't buy was Nina Hill being a true introvert. Nina is supposed to be anxious around people, preferring solitude yet she has lots of friends and nights out. Huh? That's why I gave it four stars.

The setting was new to me. It was like travelling to a new city and getting to explore it through the eyes of people who live there. I enjoyed that.

As an older person, I found one aspect of this story a bit strange. Through talking with people who work with youth, I learnt that people really have become detached from normal human relating and neurotic as a result. Satisfying ending. Good read!

View all my reviews

Comments