Big Blue Skies No More

My childhood memories of England are grey skies. Endless fields of grey hovering overhead, sleeting rain down upon my head. In summer. My memories of Canada are blue skies. Arch of blue blinding light upon the snow into my eyes, warming my head. In winter.

Big Ben is currently imprisoned in a scaffold. England experiences torturous heat in Spring. And we've just come through the greyest January in Toronto in years, I heard. The blue skies of my memories are no more.

Contrails from increasing air traffic, vapour from emissions, satellites more and more — block the sunlight and pollute our clear and blue skies. In the Climate Change dialogue, barely mentioned is Global Dimming. No wonder Elon Musk can threaten our night skies and sunlight with his grand fuck-the-planet satellite plan without worrying about the US government telling him: Stop! Yet Global Dimming as part of Climate Change is affecting our health, including our emotional states. Is the increasing rage linked to 2 weeks or more less sunlight per year?

Comments