Bhutto Assassinated But Not Her Courage

Woke up lazily listening to the radio expecting one kind of day, but the breaking news that came on the air shot me awake, up and out of bed. I tuned in to CFRB to confirm that I had heard right and to get the latest developments.

I am shocked but not surprised that someone has assassinated Benazir Bhutto. She may have been as corrupt as all the leaders seem to be over there, but her courage is just unparalleled. She must have known after that first attempt when the lights went out in order to facilitate her successful murder that her time would be short if she remained in Pakistan. Yet she did. I can only surmise that she lived in denial, but more probably that she hoped her example would inspire others to greater courage and continue along her inexorable path.

Comments