Live Earth Pledge #6

The weather today is reminding me how topsy turvy our climate has become, at least Toronto's "micro"-climate. I hate days like this, when the pressure change, like some sadistic yo-yo, soars up, making me want to take a knock-out pill and disappear into unconsciousness until the pain goes away. Instead, earnest eco-types want us to get out there and make a difference to our planet by doing noble greenie things like using my (pathetic) human power to get around or fulfilling
Pledge #6 from Live Earth: "To plant new trees and to join with others in preserving and protecting forests;"

But not even the bright sun (the bane of my existence today, paradoxically, by harbingering a high pressure system) can make me want to get out there. Pledge #6 is great for the enthusiastically able; what I want to know is how can the disabled contribute? No money. No ability. No stamina. No strength. No energy. Take your pick.

Comments