CHUM FM Changes its Weekend Mornings

I must be getting to be an old fuddy duddy. CHUM FM 104.5 changed their weekend morning programming, and I don't like it.

Saturdays, it's the best of Roger, Rick, and Marilyn from 9:00 am to noon, a time when I'm up, awake, alert, and can catch up on what I missed during the week. This past Saturday they switched it to 6:00 am (I assume, as I'm not up) to 9:00 am. Great. Peachy. Same hours as during the weekday, so if you don't get up early to hear the whole thing during the week, you're not likely to get up early to hear it on the weekend, and again you miss it! And if you do get up early to go market shopping, you're not likely to have the radio on as you're busy haggling and erranding.

Then normally after RRM, it's the CHUM Chart from noon to 2:00 pm. Now it's the CC from 9:00 am to 11:00 am, which means it's just regular radio fare for most of the day after that....or so I assume, as I switched off, pissed.

Worse, I'm used to waking up gently weekend mornings to music, followed by news, maybe a couple of tracks more, then the rude shriek of ads, guaranteed to rocket you out of bed. But by then, I'm awake. Now the rude shriek comes before the news, way earlier than expected, about 20 minutes before I'm ready (I'm a slow riser, what can I say). Great. Peachy.

So you know what this means, eh? I have to once again go searching for a new radio station, one that understands weekends mean gentle wake-up, not the rousing wake-up called for on weekdays. Sigh.

Comments