Canadian Television: Further Thoughts

I thought, what the heck, I'll give Sophie another chance. I'm glad I did. It's definitely settling down. The characters are becoming real sitcom types; Sara Botsford as Estelle remains a fah-bu-lous eccentric; and the cinematography is good. I think I'll keep watching, especially as they've taken a cue from the American networks and scheduled it in after a hit -- Little Mosque on the Prairie.

Earlier this week, I watched The Border -- totally must-see, grab-you-by-the-eyeballs entertainment sans last week's awful epileptic camera work -- and jPod. I don't know what it is about jPod's creators, but they sure are in love with biker bodies. I did get restless in the commercials and so missed a scene here or there. I'm not sure if jPod's going to hold my attention over the long haul, and it'll probably be a combination of needing couch time and nothing else to watch that'll get me tuned in again. Having said that, I have to also say that Sherry Miller is very natural in her eccentric role of a high-brow-pot-grower mom to Ethan and that it's odd seeing a Canadian actor from down south acting in a Canadian show (Alan Thicke), especially in the kind of show that he's so not known for in the US.

Hmmm...looking back at my previous postings, I see I've been rather on a tear about television recently. At this rate, I'll get boring. Next time: a brand-new, not-television, topic! I promise!! (Just don't know what it'll be.)

Comments

CQ said…
Gotta say, 2nd episode of The Border was fanastic!
Being a mystery fan, what I'm looking forward to is the NEW version of Murdoch Mysteries later in this month.
CQ said…
Although, my eyeballs felt a bit sore after passively following along with the [lesser] camera bounce - for the full hour.
I saw a commercial for Murdoch Mysteries on Citytv. If it's what I think it is, I'm definitely looking forward to seeing it too!

LOL @eyeballs a bit sore! I know the feeling! But I was happy to see not nearly as bad as in the first ep. Hopefully they'll settle down more and allow the good writing to move the action along instead of the jittery camera work.
Anonymous said…
To help get jPod renewed for another season: http://savejpod.ca